Industry: Automotive Tires; Distribution and Warehousing; Wholesale Import and Export
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Contract: 1 Year with Possibility of Extension
As one of the world’s leading tire companies, Maxxis delivers high-quality tire products to customers in 180 countries. Founded in 1998, Maxxis Canada, one of the Maxxis’ worldwide distribution centres, has been enjoying steady growth of market shares and consequent expansion of operations. Our major clients are from the North American auto industry and tire wholesalers throughout Canada. Being proud of our products and our people, Maxxis employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance by operating according to T.I.R.E.S.: Teamwork, Integrity, Responsibility, Enthusiasm and Service.
Progressive company growth has resulted in an immediate opening for a creative and hardworking ERP Administrator who will oversee all functional aspects of the company’s ERP system including operations, customization, integration, documentation and data management.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, The ERP Administrator requires extensive knowledge of database systems, ERP products, MS SQL Server, and data security. He/she will identify and rationalize user needs to prioritize projects, and enable seamless flow of information throughout the company by considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. The ERP Administrator will also maintain operational awareness of all business consumers of the data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide proactive and reactive support for ERP systems users throughout the organization
- Evaluate, and improve existing system operational procedures to increase productivity and improve security
- Determine, document and implement database policies, procedures and standards
- Provide training to individuals and user groups within the company
- Assist with design, develop and maintain automated workflow processes within and integrated with the ERP system
- Test and coordinate modifications with cognizance of how they may affect other elements of the ERP system
- Assist with implementation of the ERP (Sage 300c), WMS, CRM, E-Commerce and Document management system etc.
- Work with users and management to determine appropriate system configuration and setup for ERP and other integrated information management systems
- Database optimization, monitoring, and resolving performance related issues, recommend improvements
- Manage critical situations by troubleshooting and correcting issues that arise
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Responsible for maintenance, performance, turning, disaster recovery, security and upgrade of systems and database.
- Oversee and responsible for design, code, test and document all new or modified custom forms, reports, applications and programs
- Manage working relationship with software providers and service partners
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies to improve processes and systems
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Extensive knowledge and successful working experience (3+ years) as an ERP Administrator (Sage 300 experience preferred) with a SAP background
- Meaningful experience with ERP, WMS, CRM, SAP, e-Commerce, document management system, Microsoft SQL server is a huge plus
- Report development (SAP Crystal report and/or Sage intelligence reporting) experience preferred
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills, able to solve complex problems through research and analysis
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, complete important time sensitive tasks, adapt quickly to last minute changes and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating system and Microsoft Office
- Technical expertise in software development or other Information Technology areas is a plus
- Take great pride and ownership in work
Bachelor degree in information technology or computer science
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Workplace is a distribution centre consisting of office and warehouse environments, with variable noise, temperature, and odor (rubber) levels
- Required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
- Handle light to heavy items, including lifting, pushing and/or pulling various weights
How to Apply
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@maxxiscanada.com
- Please quote job title (ERP Administrator) in Subject line
- No follow-up calls, please; successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email
Maxxis provides equal opportunities to all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact us by email at HR@maxxiscanada.com.