Industry: Automotive Tires; Distribution and Warehousing; Wholesale Import and Export
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Contract: 1 Year with Possibility of Extension
As one of the world’s leading tire companies, Maxxis delivers high-quality tire products to customers in 180 countries. Founded in 1998, Maxxis Canada, one of the Maxxis’ worldwide distribution centres, has been enjoying steady growth of market shares and consequent expansion of operations. Our major clients are from the North American auto industry and tire wholesalers throughout Canada. Being proud of our products and our people, Maxxis employees are able to maintain a healthy work-life balance by operating according to T.I.R.E.S.: Teamwork, Integrity, Responsibility, Enthusiasm and Service.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the OE Account Representative is the point of contact for our original equipment (OE) clients, providing timely, professional, efficient customer service in all communications and interactions with the clients. The Account Representative analyzes raw material index (RMI) pricing along with data from Maxxis’ overseas factories and OE clients to prepare forecasts and purchase orders.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Education: University degree or equivalent experience
- Related work experience: Minimum 2 years in the automotive industry with some sales experience
- Excellent mathematical skills; attention to detail under pressure
- Sense of urgency; excellent task management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Experience working with databases, Sage 300 or other corporate ERP system; MS Outlook, Excel
- Mandarin Chinese a valuable asset
- T.I.R.E.S.: Teamwork, Integrity, Responsibility, Enthusiasm, Service
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain productive working relationships with existing OEM accounts
- Act as a liaison between clients and Company’s overseas factories
- Assist with negotiating prices and logistical arrangements
- Assist in developing new business with vehicle manufacturers in North America
- Regularly update and prepare weekly and monthly usage forecast reports, program status reports, etc.
- Prepare purchase orders, verify pricing and invoices; consolidate clients’ data (RMI, contracts…) and follow up with concerned departments
- Draft and/or prepare documents; organize and file records and documents, including entry into company ERP
- Related projects and tasks as assigned
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Workplace is a distribution centre consisting of office and warehouse environments, with variable noise, temperature, and odor (rubber) levels
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
- Some off-hour teleconferencing; occasional travel, including overnights, weekends, within North America, and/or overseas
How to Apply
- Email cover letter and resume to HR@maxxiscanada.com
- Please quote job title (OE Account Business Representative) in Subject line
- Maxxis provides equal opportunities to all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
- If require accommodation in the application process, please contact us by email at HR@maxxiscanada.com.